- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
This week, I noticed that I paid attention to reviews on Goodreads for my choices of whether or not to keep these books on my TBR.
- Aimee and the Heartthrob by Ophelia London. This title is just awful to be honest and it got very polarizing reviews.
- Hector and the Search for Happiness by Francois Lelord. Not sure why I even added this one. Next!
- All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner. I don’t believe I’ve read her work before, but according to the reviews, this one would not be a good one to start with.
- Pip Bartlett’s Guide to Magical Creatures (Pip Bartlett, #1) by Pearce Jackson. Another one where I am not sure what I was thinking when I added it.
- Dangerous Deception(Dangerous Creatures, #2) by Kami Garcia. I read Dangerous Creatures and I just don’t have the desire to continue with this series. I think it confuses me with the Beautiful Creatures series being too similar.
- Lay It Down (Desert Dogs, #1) by Cara McKenna. Sometimes….people know I am an avid reader and they will hand me books…and I accept them and add them to my TBR. Now, these people really don’t know or understand my reading tastes at all and maybe think all books are created equal, so it comes as no surprise to me that I never pick them up.
- Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7) by Erin McCarthy. And sometimes, people hand me books that are book #7 in a series that I have never heard of.
- Bad Romeo (Starcrossed, #1) by Leisa Rayven. This one sounds like an unhealthy relationship/guyisarealdouche trope. No thanks.
- Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff.
- Suspicion by Alexandra Monir.
- The Jewel (The Lone City, #1) by Amy Ewing.
- The Pledge (The Pledge, #1) by Kimberly Derting
- Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs
- So Close to You (So Close to You, #1) by Rachel Carter
- Heart of the Dragon (Atlantis, #1) by Gena Showalter
The Highs – AKA Top Ten Tuesday is an Enabler Sometimes.
- Mouthful of Birds by Samanta Schweblin. I had to add this one because of the cover. Hopefully the story can pull off this cover.
- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys. I have loved Ruta’s other books, so adding this one was a no-brainer.
- Mary Shelley: The Strange True Tale of Frankenstein’s Creator by Catherine Reef. I just listened to Frankenstein on audiobook, so I am really curious to learn more about its author.
- Sky Without Stars (System Divine, #1) by Jessica Brody. Beautiful cover. Jessica Brody. Enough said.
- City of the Lost(Rockton, #1) by Kelley Armstrong. Someone had put a book from this series on their Top Ten Tuesday and I haven’t read any of the other books, so I added this one.
- The Trial of Lizzie Borden by Cara Robertson. This sounds really interesting. I haven’t read much about the Lizzie Borden case.
- The Cerulean(Untitled Duology #1) by Amy Ewing. I saw this one on a few Top Ten Tuesdays this week, so I decided to check it out.
- Slayer (Slayer, #1) by Kiersten White. I’ve been seeing this one all over including Top Ten Tuesday lists.
Are there any books on my lows list that I should reconsider? Vote in the comments!
Goodreads TBR Count: 807