- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
I discovered something interesting this week. All the books I am removing from my shelves were only added because they were titles that were included in The United States of YA post that was going around several years ago. A lot of these books I really didn’t find all that interesting, so I decided to remove them. Let me know if I should reconsider any of these choices.
- Julie of the Wolves (Julie of the Wolves, #1) by Jean Graighead George
- Under the Blood-Red Sun by Graham Salisbury
- Jip: His Story by Katherine Paterson
- Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
- The Beet Fields: Memories of a Sixteenth Summer by Gary Paulsen
- Dairy Queen (Dairy Queen, #1) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
- Knights of the Hill Country by Sara Shepard
- Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2) by Sara Shepard
- Deadline by Chris Crutcher
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Alexie Sherman
- Whichwood(Furthermore, #2) by Tahereh Mafi – I just finished book #1, so I had to add book #2.
- Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3) by Cassandra Clare – This one is obvious. I can’t believe I hadn’t already added it.
- The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand – I love Elin’s books and bought a bunch at Half Price Books AKA My New Favorite Place.
- Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand See above.
- Illusionarium by Heather Wallwork Dixon – This one grabbed my attention at Half Price books. I don’t know much about it, but the cover is gorgeous.
- The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand – Again, more Elin.
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline – We have talked about this book a few times in my book club, so when I saw it at Half Price Books, I picked it up.
- Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella – I bought this one for a prompt on the 2019 Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge.
- Trylle: The Complete Trilogy(Trylle, #1-3) by Amanda Hocking – I am reading book #1, so I picked up a bind-up of the full trilogy also at Half Price Books.
- The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand – More Elin!
- The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1) by Roshani Chokshi – Funny story: I just bought this one on Friday at Barnes and Noble with the exclusive content, then today, I get the signed special edition in my first ever Owlcrate box. I love them both and I think I will end up selfishly keeping both copies.
- Golden State by Ben H. Winters – I’ve heard a lot about this book recently and decided to add it to the ole TBR.
- Middlegame by Seanan McGuire – Seanan McGuire, need I say more?
- Broken Throne(Red Queen, #4.5) by Victoria Aveyard – I only just heard of this book today. I am dpwn for anything Red Queen.
Are there any books on my lows list that I should reconsider? Let me know in the comments!
Other Posts from the blog this week: