- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
The Lows – Books to be Purged
- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J Maas – Removing this one until I get closer to actually reading it.
- The Prince (A Wicked Trilogy, #3.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #85) by Jennifer L Armentrout
- Neverwake (Dreamfall #2) by Amy Plum – I will decide if I re-add this one once I’ve read the first book.
- Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda
- When Day Breaks (KGI, #9) by Maya Banks
The Highs – Can’t Wait to Read!
- Before She Knew Him by Peter Swanson
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1) by Nicki Pau Preto
- Sebastian and the Troll by Fredrik Backman
- The Notebook(The Notebook, #1) by Nicholas Sparks
- Into the Drowning Deep(Rolling in the Deep, #1) by Mira Grant
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren
- Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl
- Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett
- Waisted by Susan Randy Meyers
Are there any books on my lows list that I should reconsider? Let me know in the comments!
Goodreads TBR Count: 794