- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
The Lows – Books to be Purged
- The Queen of Zombie Hearts(White Rabbit Chronicles, #3) by Gena Showalter
- A Sky of Spells (The Sorcerer’s Ring, #9) by Rice Morgan – I haven’t read the first 8 books, nor am I likely too.
- Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles, #1) by Sophie Jordan
- Better Than Perfect (Wild Cards, #1) by Simone Elkeles
- Deadline by Sandra Brown
The Highs – Can’t Wait to Read!
- Stud in the Stacks by Pippa Grant
- Storm and Fury(The Harbinger, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Blood Truth(Black Dagger Legacy, #4) by J. R. Ward
- #Murderfunding(MurderTrending, #2) by Gretchen McNeil
- The Testaments(The Handmaid’s Tale, #2) by Margaret Atwood6.
6. The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys
7. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
8. Five Dark Fates(Three Dark Crowns, #4) by Kendare Blake
9. Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
10. We Came Here to Forget by Andrea Dunlop
11. More Than Words by Jill Santopolo
12. Things You Save in a Fire: A Novel by Katherine Center
13. The Current by Tim Johnston
14. The Me I Used to Be by Jennifer Ryan
15. Last Summer by Kerry Lonsdale
16. Akin by Emma Donoghue
17. Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
18. The Stories You Tell (Roxane Weary, #3) by Kristen Lepionka
19. Beloved by Toni Morrison
20. The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
Are there any books on my lows list that I should reconsider? Let me know in the comments!
Goodreads TBR Count: 810