Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week, she provides us with a new prompt for a top ten list. This week’s topic is: Standalone Books That Need a Sequel.
- I am not a fan of Rick Riordan. I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson series, but every series he has written since then feels like the same series.
- I am totally okay with it if you annotate, highlight, write in, or dog ear your book. If it belongs to you, do with it as you please.
- I dislike endings that are too neatly wrapped up in a nice little bow. Some endings are just trying too hard.
- I don’t think Throne of Glass was a strong start to the series. I felt like we entered into the middle of the story and did not get a good background on Celaena.
- I’m not a huge fan of fairy stories. The most notable exception being the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning.
- I have not read a mermaid story that I liked.
- I am not a fan of travel/journey/road trip stories.
- I dislike poems and song lyrics in books. I often skip over them.
- YA Fantasy is getting a bit saturated.
- Can we stop with deckled edges, please?
What are your unpopular bookish opinions?