- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
The Lows – Books to be Purged
- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas – This is only temporary, I will readd it when I get closer to reading it.
- The Prince (A Wicked Trilogy, #3.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #85) by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
- Neverwake (Dreamfall #2) by Amy Plum. I will decide whether to re-add this one after I read book #1.
- Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda. I read a different biography on Alexander Hamilton. I don’t know that I will pick up another.
- When Day Breaks (KGI, #9) by Maya Banks. I haven’t read books 1-8, so I don’t need this one on my TBR.
The Highs – Can’t Wait to Read!
- Little Darlings by Melanie Golding
- The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis-Graves
- The Girl of the Tower (Tornnis Trilogy, #1) by Paula Ottoni
- Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno
- Fawkes by Nadine Brandes
- Pride and Prometheus by John Kessel
- Bloodbound by Ering Lindsey
- Against a Darkening Sky by Lauren B. Davis
- The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle
- Empire of Sand(The Books of Ambha, #1) Tasha Suri
- Six Stories by Matt Wesolowski
- Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal
- Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls and Back Again by Lauren Graham
Are there any books on my lows list that I should reconsider? Let me know in the comments!
Goodreads TBR Count: 811 – I blame last week’s Top Ten Tuesday for this jump in numbers.